Error: No valid Xcode installation is properly selected.

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Tue Aug 28 10:14:10 PDT 2012

Hi,

"install" or "upgrade" prints
{{{
Error:
Error: No valid Xcode installation is properly selected.
Error: Please use xcode-select to select an Xcode installation:
Error:     sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app # version
4.4.1
Error:
}}}
even after issuing that very xcode-select command. Then "port" seem to carry on with its business
in a successful manner. I am aware of #35150 and of the fix
that went into 2.1.2 but that is precisely the version I run. More info:
{{{
~> cc --version
Apple clang version 4.0 (tags/Apple/clang-421.0.60) (based on LLVM 3.1svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.0
Thread model: posix
}}}

Please CC me.