processing wxWidgets failed

Wahlstedt Jyrki jwa at macports.org
Wed Aug 29 08:27:23 PDT 2012

On 29.8.2012, at 18.10, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I attempted 'sudo port install wxWidgets' and got an "Error: Processing of port wxWidgets failed". This is under OS X 10.8.1 with current XCode command-line tools installed and using MacPorts 2.1.2.
>
> Here's output from 'sudo port -d install wxWidgets':

<snip>
Here's the thing: wxWidgets (2.8.12.1 currently) will not build on 10.8 (in a supported way at least). This is due to the fact that the required SDK containing Carbon support does not exist anymore. There is the port wxWidgets-devel (2.9.4) that builds fine. Of course there is the chance that all dependents may not yet work with the newer version (I know some). The wxWidgets stable should be ok, as soon as 3.0 is released, which unfortunately may take some time still.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780 6366 EFD9 139C C386