MAMP using Nginx?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 14 08:10:56 PST 2012

On Dec 14, 2012, at 01:38, Bill Christensen <billc_lists at greenbuilder.com> wrote:

> I'm interested in experimenting with a MAMP-like installation, substituting Nginx for Apache.
>
> Anything special I should know?  I've done a number of MAMPs with MacPorts.

We've had an nginx port in MacPorts for awhile and I haven't heard any complaints. I see there is one open bug report about it, and one enhancement request, and we are one minor version behind.

Try it out! If you succeed and would like to write up a short guide on how you did it, a wiki page would be a great place to do so.

Our existing MAMP wiki page is a bit unwieldy in my opinion and should really be split up into more pages, perhaps one page per port. On that basis, if you write up something about nginx, I'd suggest starting a new page for it:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/nginx