Failed to install webkit-gtk

Eneko Gotzon Ares enekogotzon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 04:16:26 PST 2012

Good morning Byte Masters :) I'm a humble mac user using the Terminal
and Macports for the first time so, if possible, try to be elementary,
please.

Running:
2.1 GHz PowerPC G5 —last and more powerful PowerPC iMac—
OS X.5.8
MacPorts base version 2.1.2.
Ports tree updated.

The processing of port gimp failed. I have tried it twice, failing
both. Terminal says:
Error: org.macports.build for port webkit-gtk returned: command
execution failed
Error: Failed to install webkit-gtk
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: gimp-app gimp2
webkit-gtk gimp-jp2 gimp-lqr-plugin gtk-nodoka-engine gutenprint icns-
gimp macclipboard-gimp macfile-gimp ufraw cfitsio dcraw gtkimageview
xsane
The log says:
[...]
:error:build org.macports.build for port webkit-gtk returned: command
execution failed
:debug:build Error code: CHILDSTATUS 58871 2
:debug:build Backtrace: command execution failed
    while executing
"system -nice 0 $fullcmdstring"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval system $notty $nice \$fullcmdstring"
    invoked from within
"command_exec build"
    (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
    invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:build Warning: targets not executed for webkit-gtk:
org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
org.macports.install
:error:build Failed to install webkit-gtk
:debug:build Registry error: google-test not registered as installed &
active.
Complete log file: