Tcl upgrade failure

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 08:51:57 PST 2012

On 12/30/2012 02:46 PM, Clemens Lang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 02:24:58PM +0000, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> Yeah, looking at 'port installed', I can see the Tcl/Tk upgrade
>> actually succeeded so why it went ahead & uninstalled Vim & then
>> re-installed it again, I not sure (Vim's compile time options were
>> +huge +cscope +perl +python27 +tcl -ruby. It's now the same but minus
>> tcl).
>
> Oh, I guess the vim binary actually linked against libtcl.dylib, so the
> rebuild was necessary. Vim should be rev-bumped if +tcl is in the
> default variants.
>
> Loosing a variant when recompiling shouldn't happen. From what I recall,
> I wrote code to specifically prevent this, which was later simplified by
> jmr. Maybe somebody who understands the way variants are evaluated in
> MacPorts could have a look at the code and see why this happens?

I'm on Trac at the moment having written up the ticket & can't seem to
be able to attach any log files (checked the relevant box but no attach
file radio button or indeed any other interface for the job is apparent).

Any clues?

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,