Xcode 4.3: Apparently Persistent License Agreement

Anthony Michael Agelastos iqgrande at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:54:55 PST 2012

Hello:

I've followed all of the instructions on the migration page and am able to build non-xcodebuild items, but when I need to use xcodebuild, then problems arise. As an example, I've been unable to install MacVim and AquaTerm. So, when I try to install MacVim, I get the following.

<Terminal Window>
MacGuyver:Desktop iqgrande$ sudo port install macvim
--->  Computing dependencies for macvim
--->  Fetching archive for macvim
--->  Attempting to fetch macvim-7.3.snapshot64_0.darwin_11.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/macvim
--->  Fetching macvim
--->  Attempting to fetch MacVim-7.3.snapshot64.zip from http://distfiles.macports.org/MacVim
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for macvim
--->  Extracting macvim
--->  Applying patches to macvim
--->  Configuring macvim
--->  Building macvim
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details)
Log for macvim is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_editors_MacVim/macvim/main.log
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
MacGuyver:Desktop iqgrande$ vi /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_editors_MacVim/macvim/main.log
</Terminal Window>

When I peruse the main.log file it creates, I notice the following at the bottom.

<snip of main.log>
:info:build link.sh: Linked OK
:info:build xcodebuild -project MacVim/MacVim.xcodeproj CACHE_ROOT=/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_editors_MacVim/macvim/work/caches
:info:build
:info:build You have not agreed to the Xcode license agreements, please run xcodebuild standalone from within a Terminal window to review and agree to the Xcode license agreements.
:info:build make[1]: *** [macvim] Error 69
:info:build make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_editors_MacVim/macvim/work/MacVim/src'
:info:build make: *** [all] Error 2
</snip of main.log>

This looks like I need to agree to the license agreement. The only issue, though, is that I already have. I launch Xcode 4.3 (through Finder and `open /Applications/Xcode.app`) and it doesn't prompt me with anything. I even created a "Hello World!" console application and successfully built it with Xcode 4.3. Does anyone have any ideas with regards to this? I have also attached the main.log.

Thanks,

Anthony