VirtualBox does not compile in Lion

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Feb 19 16:59:51 PST 2012

On Feb 19, 2012, at 18:47, Jean-François Caron wrote:

> In Lion I tried to install virtualbox, I get an error: "Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed" with the attached log.  I tried port clean virtualbox and reinstalling, with the same effects.

The log says:

:info:configure Checking for ssl:
:info:configure   libcrypto not found at -I/opt/local/include /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib /opt/local/lib/libssl.dylib or openssl headers not found

This is surprising since the virtualbox port does declare a dependency on the openssl port and the openssl port should be providing those. What's the output of:

port -v installed openssl
port contents openssl