VirtualBox does not compile in Lion

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Feb 19 17:43:57 PST 2012

On Feb 19, 2012, at 19:07, Jean-François Caron wrote:

> On 2012-02-20, at 01:59 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> The log says:
>>
>> :info:configure Checking for ssl:
>> :info:configure   libcrypto not found at -I/opt/local/include /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib /opt/local/lib/libssl.dylib or openssl headers not found
>>
>> This is surprising since the virtualbox port does declare a dependency on the openssl port and the openssl port should be providing those. What's the output of:
>>
>> port -v installed openssl
>> port contents openssl
>
> Well, I went ahead and just did port install openssl, but it turns out it was already installed three times over.  After the fourth installation (which replaced my +universal with a x86_64-only binary), I now get the following:
>
> port -v installed openssl:
> The following ports are currently installed:
>  openssl @1.0.0e_1+universal platform='darwin 11' archs='i386 x86_64'
>  openssl @1.0.0f_0+universal platform='darwin 11' archs='i386 x86_64'
>  openssl @1.0.0g_0 (active) platform='darwin 11' archs='x86_64'
>  openssl @1.0.0g_0+universal platform='darwin 11' archs='i386 x86_64'
>
> (previously the 1.0.0g_0+universal was active)
>
> open contents openssl:
> <openssl.log>

Ok, those contents are identical to my system, so all the files that should be there are there.

> and now trying to install virtualbox with a fourth openssl installed, I get a similar error:
> "Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed (see log for details)
> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing."
> note however that it does not helpfully tell me where the logfile is, but I found it anyways:
> <main.log>

That main.log shows the successful activation of the libpng port; it has nothing to do with the virtualbox port. If the logfile location was not printed, that implies you are using an old version of MacPorts. Run "sudo port selfupdate" twice to update to MacPorts 2.0.3.

> I hope changing my active openssl from +universal to x86_64-only didn't break anything else.

It certainly might have; you should re-activate the universal one.