py27_wxpython

Ulrich Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:12:33 PST 2012

To Jyrki: a hardware upgrade is not in the budget, even at refurb or
used prices. I am doing this on a last-generation 17" PowerBook G4...
nothing smaller will do.

I tried installing py-wxpython instead of py27-wxpython: it bombs not
knowing what "subport" means. Now you mention that things like subport
are new... so my >Macports< system maybe too old? I did not dare
trying to update that one for fear of losing the whole thing since I
was under the firm impression that Macport 2.0.3 does not work on
Tiger. That is why I synced rather than updated (a while back in this
thread). Ryan however says: it does work under Tiger, so I guess
that'll be my next attempt, then. I could upgrade to Leo but kind-of
don't want to.

Thanks, and wish me luck...

Uli