Distributing binaries in macports

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 08:44:14 PST 2012

Peng Yu wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Jeremy Lavergne
> <jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:
>>> I have never changed anything in macports.conf. What I'm suppose to
>>> look for in this file?
>> This is the only currently included setting:
>> #portarchivetype tbz2
>
> I see this is commented as you have shown. Should I uncomment it or
> keep it as is?

First, please comment on the other questions that have been posted...

What OSX version are you running ?

Are you seeing messages for attempts to download the binary tarballs
when you try and install some port ? If you aren't sure, post the full
list of messages printed when you attempt an install.

It could very well be your installation is fine as is....

Chris