How can I control the Perl version I want?

Rodolfo Aramayo raramayo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 10:52:59 PST 2012

Thanks but the problem is that the port:

perl5 @5.12.3_1+perl5_12 (active)

was installed by another port not by me...I requested:
perl5.14 @5.14.1_2

So I did what you guys suggested and issued the command:

port install perl5 perl5.14 @5.14.1_2+threads

but  the "perl --version" port still is: "This is perl 5, version 12,
subversion 3 (v5.12.3) built for darwin-multi-2level"

Should I uninstall ALL perls before issuing the command:

port install perl5 perl5.14 @5.14.1_2+threads??

Thanks

--R