dmg packages

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sun Jan 8 16:14:41 PST 2012

Hi:

I'm curious about the dmg options for ports:

http://guide.macports.org/#using.binaries.binary-packages

When you create a binary package for a port that includes a startup item, does the installer install the startup item (plist etc) as well?  Does it load the startup item?

To try to test it out, I created a dmg for logrotate:

>sudo port -d  mdmg logrotate +startupitem

The system I'm going to install it on is busy for a few hours so I haven't actually run the installer.

BTW, I created the dmg on my MacBook Pro (64 bit) but intend to install on a Mac Mini (32 bit).
>DEBUG: Found TBZ2 archive: /opt/local/var/macports/software/ncurses/ncurses-5.9_1.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2

The 64 bit versions aren't going to work, are they?  I didn't see a universal option for logrotate.

Craig