Re: MacPorts-2.0.3 can’t be installed on this computer.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 11 09:19:37 PST 2012

On Jan 11, 2012, at 10:24, Kristen McQuinn wrote:

> I am following up on a previous post about upgrading to MacPorts 1.7.1
>
> I received the helpful response:
> Check here:
>
> https://distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/
>

> Now I have 2 problems:
> 1) I do not know how to respond to the help thread. I have posted this new problem instead. Not very efficient, but I couldn't find a way to reply to the thread.

How are you reading these messages? I read them in my email program, so to reply, I click the Reply All button.

> 2) There are no instructions on how to install the 1.7.1 version of MacPorts. Should I just type make?  There doesn't seem to be a read file with details.

There's no need to build from source. You could use the pre-compiled binaries as usual. They are not in the directory linked above; they are in:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/downloads/MacPorts-1.7.1