How to start kde4

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:39:27 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 11:44, Michael Parchet <mparchet at sunrise.ch> wrote:

> I have installed the kde4 baseapp package and the kde4 runtime package To
> start kde the program ask me to execute this command
>
> #  'sudo chown -R $USER ~/Library/Preferences/KDE'
>
> If I try to execute it i get the no such file or directory message.

That doesn't start KDE, it is just some necessary preparation. The error is
because you should not quote the command.

    sudo chown -R $USER ~/Library/Preferences/KDE

Additionally, note that KDE is not a full desktop environment on OS X; it
uses Aqua as the desktop environment and only provides native applications
such as the Dolphin file manager, Konqueror, and Konsole.  Take a look in
/Applications/MacPorts/KDE4.