How to start gnome ?

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 07:51:18 PST 2012

would love to hear that too. Just installed Gnome and was under the
impression I already fixed dbus a long time ago. But when I run Gnome
Session I get:

$gnome-session
Failed to start message bus: launch_msg("CheckIn") IPC failure: Operation
not permitted

When I used sudo I got:

sudo gnome-session
Password:
Failed to start message bus: launchd's environment variable
DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET is empty, but should contain a socket path.

EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon

But I see this is ongoing here: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/29409