can not install macports on 10.6.8

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Tue Jan 17 08:07:10 PST 2012

On Jan 17, 2012, at 8:38 AM, Puneet Kishor wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2012, at 7:31 AM, Brad Allison <brad.allison at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I tried to install macports yesterday on my 10.6.8 machine and it requires Xcode.
>>
>> Apparently Apple has removed Xcode from their site for pre-Lion systems.
>>
>> So no Xcode :(
>>
>> Anyone know where to get Xcode for pre-Lion machines?
>

> Look in your pre-Lion system install disk.

Or the latest (for Snow Leopard) should still be on the Mac App Store for a fairly nominal price ($4.99 is what I recall).

The install is a pain though.  All the App Store gives you is a humungous installer app (which includes Xcode within it) that you then have to run.  Means you need twice the space for awhile.