How to run wordpress

mikel king mikel.king at olivent.com
Sat Jan 21 09:54:43 PST 2012

On Jan 21, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Michael Parchet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed the wordpress package to try it to migrate a websitee on this Now I wold like to start wordpress but I don't know how to start it
>
> Can you help me please ?
>
> Tanks
>
> Best regards
>
> mparchet

You need to run WP in a webserver that supports PHP5 and something like mod_rewrite - apache, nginx or lighttpd. Then it's a matter of unpacking the WP code base into your vhost and setting up the mysql db.There is a good how-to on  Wordpress.org that should help you with the finer points (how-to http://bit.ly/FOUwj).

Regards,
Mikel King
BSD News Network
http://bsdnews.net