version issues with numpy

James Long jdlong at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:29:22 PDT 2012

My newness to both Macports and Python are tripping me up, I am sure.
But I can't seem to get my mac to use the version of numpy which I
have installed with macports.

If I run `port installed` I see the following:

  py27-ipython @0.12.1_0+scientific (active)
  py27-numpy @1.6.2_0 (active)

which leads me to believe I have ipython 0.12.1 and numpy 1.6.2

This is confirmed when I fire up ipython and it tells me it's version
0.12.1 and python is 2.7.3. So far, so good.

>From ipython if I `import numpy` and ask it for the version, it tells
me the following:

In [2]: import numpy

In [3]: numpy.version.version
Out[3]: '1.5.1'

Sooooo.. 1.5.1?

Any tips on why I'm picking up version 1.5.1 of numpy instead of 1.6.2
which is installed by macports?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-J