Where is gprc? (pari package)

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:41:07 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com>
> wrote:I assume that you meant if there were such a file
> (/opt/local/etc/gprc), gp would use it. But since there is no such a
> file, gp will just skip this step? Or gp still trys to access
> /etc/gprc?
>
> ~$ cat /opt/local/etc/gprc
> cat: /opt/local/etc/gprc: No such file or directory

The standard package paths, as used by most packages, use /etc if the
install prefix is /usr (as it usually is for Linux distribution packages)
or <prefix>/etc for other prefixes.  So, since MacPorts uses a prefix of
/opt/local, the configuration file should be /opt/local/etc/gprc.  It
should not attempt to use anything under /etc if it's based on standard
paths, although if it's rolling its own instead it might try.

Running it under dtruss should give you the answer, if all else fails.