gtk2 fails to build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 4 08:59:54 PDT 2012

On Jul 4, 2012, at 08:26, Thomas wrote:

> I'm trying to (re)build gtk2 @2.24.8 +x11, which has been found to be broken by port's automatic check, but the compilation fails with the error messages posted below. This happens on a Leopard machine (10.5.8) (and this time I did clean gtk2 before recompiling).
> What can I do about it? It does seem that I have all required libraries installed, in particular libpng and pixbuf.
> The whole thing happens while running port upgrade texlive (and I must say, I don't know why macports decided to compile the entire universe when I only wanted my TeX to be upgraded), although I don't understand why gtk2 is rebuilt in the first place here.

After you install or upgrade *any* port, MacPorts 2.1 and up runs rev-upgrade which checks *all* installed ports, and rebuilds any found to have linking problems. The intention is that MacPorts will find and fix any other ports broken by whatever you just upgraded. But if this is the first time you're installing or upgrading a port after upgrading to MacPorts 2.1, rev-upgrade may find all sorts of things that have been broken for awhile that we didn't even know about.

> :info:build failed to load "./apple-red.png": Failed to load image './apple-red.png': reason not known, probably a corrupt image file

This sounds very familiar:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/29393

Try rebuilding gdk-pixbuf2:

sudo port clean gdk-pixbuf2
sudo port -n upgrade --force gdk-pixbuf2