Muttprint install and iconv

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Mon Jul 9 06:47:51 PDT 2012

> port install muttprint installs both muttprint and text-iconv.  However,
> when I try to use muttprint to print an e-mail message from Mutt, I get
> an error screen saying Text::Iconv doesn't exist.  I don't know PERL, but
> I tried editing muttprint anyways to point it directly to
> /opt/local/bin/iconv, and needless to say, it didn't work....
>
> Suggestions?  Did I miss something that I was supposed to do?

That definitely looks like it's after a perl module (perhaps the port is named p5.12-text-iconv?).

It's entirely possible that the perl MacPorts is using doesn't match up with the one that muttprint is using:
 /usr/bin/perl versus /opt/local/bin/perl5.12

Since modules get installed under each version of perl, it could be "missing".

Can you edit muttprint to ensure it's looking at the same version of Perl?