Problem with ECL (embeddable common lisp) 12.2.1 on Lion

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Jul 19 08:14:43 PDT 2012

On 7/19/12 Jul 19 -9:46 AM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info
> <mailto:rpgoldman at sift.info>> wrote:
>
>     That fasl (fast load) file is not the problem. It is recompiled as
>     part of the testing process, so if it still references the stale
>     libffi, then the ECL compiler is still referencing it, despite the
>     port upgrade. So the port upgrade is not sufficient to fix the
>     problem. I don't know enough about the mechanics to understand why
>     the command Brandon supplied did not trigger a rebuilding of the ECL
>     compiler, but it didn't.
>

> Or it did but that wasn't enough.  It occurs to me that, if it's
> generating FASLs as shared objects, it may have a hardcoded reference
> somewhere in the source code (a string, not a linker reference that
> would be updated automatically) and a patch would be needed to update that.

My mistake.  Here's the problem:  previous failures mean that the test
code did not run to completion.  Because it didn't run to completion,
the test code *DID NOT WIPE OUT ITS CACHE OF FASLs*.  Hence it was
will report to ASDF.

At any rate, when I did rm -rf asdf/tmp/, the tests ran.

Thanks for your help,