wine fails to load

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jul 22 01:21:36 PDT 2012

On Jul 21, 2012, at 14:41, Tim Sansom wrote:

> configuered mac ports
> echo export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:\$PATH$'\n'export MANPATH=/opt/local/man:\$MANPATH | sudo tee -a /etc/profile
> export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
> export MANPATH=/opt/local/man:$MANPATH
> checked 64 bit
> if [ `sysctl -n hw.cpu64bit_capable` -eq 1 ] ; then echo "+universal" | sudo tee -a /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf; else echo "not 64bit capable"; fi

I'm sure this worked fine. However, I think you're following some years-outdated instructions.

MacPorts sets up $PATH for you when you install it, so you probably don't need to change it manually.

There's no need to add the MacPorts manpath to $MANPATH, unless you had set MANPATH to a nonstandard value before.

There's no need to add +universal to variants.conf on 64-bit systems; MacPorts knows to build ports 64-bit when needed.