LaTeX documents failing to build, unable to load file loadhyph-lo.tex

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 08:38:24 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Adam Mercer wrote:
> Hi
>
> Recently I've noticed that some of my LaTeX files are failing to build
> with the following error:
>
> ! I can't find file `loadhyph-lo.tex'.
>
> I imagine sound kind of update of the TeX cache or similar is needed?

The Lao hyphenation patterns have been removed and the file should not
be present, however it seems that your language.dat and/or
language.def still reference it. I have no idea how macports handle
language.dat/def files, but either you have your own copy somewhere or
the updated to 2012 is still missing some bits and pieces.

What does "kpsewhich language.dat" return you?

I checked texlive-lang-other and I don't see any reference to Lao, but
it might be hidden somewhere else.

Mojca