Will Xcode 4.4 be OK with MacPorts under Lion

Damon McDougall damon.mcdougall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 06:52:17 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 03:58:58PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jul 25, 2012, at 15:22, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
> >> I'm still running Lion (but preparing for upgrading to Mountain Lion).
> >>
> >> Update from Xcode from 4.3 to 4.4 is now available at the App Store.
> >>
> >> Will Xcode 4.4 still work OK under Lion with MacPorts?
> >
> > There are no significant changes to file structure of Xcode 4.4--it should work without any problems with MacPorts unless Xcode itself has an internal bug.

Might one need to run:

sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

so that MacPorts can see where the new version of XCode is (espeically
since 10.6 doesn't have the App Store).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

--
Damon McDougall
http://damon-is-a-geek.com