how to proceed past errors?

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Thu Jul 26 09:35:59 PDT 2012

On Jul 26, 2012, at 09:29, Dominik Reichardt <domiman at gmail.com> wrote:

> how do I proceed past errors? my upgrade on ML fails on w3m (not to mention fluidsynth but that has a solution inthe tracker) and I'd like to move on :)
> I think I once saw a mention on how to proceed but can't find it anymore...

You should be uninstalling everything and then reinstalling it.  To "move on" just try the next thing...  something like this should work.  Note that I just wrote it into this email, so it's not tested and may have a typo, but you get the idea:

port list active | awk '{print $1}' > ${HOME}/macports_list
sudo port -v -f uninstall installed
cat ${HOME}/macports_list | while read f ; do
    sudo rmdir /opt/local/var/macports/software/$f # Not sure if this is still needed...
    [ -e /opt/local/var/macports/software/$f ] || sudo port -v install $f
done
echo "Failed:"
cat ${HOME}/macports_list | while read f ; do
    [ -e /opt/local/var/macports/software/$f ] || echo "    $f"
done