Mountain Lion (not server), Apache2, and MacPorts

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Fri Jul 27 09:34:20 PDT 2012

Just a little note.

The Apache2 port is set up to use Apple provided infrastructure (in some cases)

In the 'httpd-userdir.conf' file there are these 2 lines

Include /private/etc/apache2/users/*.conf
Include /private/etc/apache2/users/virtual_host_global.conf.virt

Please note - the Mountain Lion install removes the contents of the directory

  /private/etc/apache2/users

so if you counted on those configuration files working for you, oops.

I'm going to move mine to a better place, out of the way of Apple's steam roller ;-)

It might be time to look at the modification to the apache distribution. I do not know what ML Server does, so it may just be a matter of keeping abreast of the changes.

8)