Trouble installing git-core

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jun 6 10:26:05 PDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 11:28, Goldberg, Arthur P wrote:

> --->  Fetching distfiles for git-core
> --->  Attempting to fetch git-1.7.10.2.tar.gz from http://git-core.googlecode.com/files/
> --->  Attempting to fetch git-manpages-1.7.10.2.tar.gz from http://git-core.googlecode.com/files/
> --->  Attempting to fetch git-htmldocs-1.7.10.2.tar.gz from http://git-core.googlecode.com/files/
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for git-core
> --->  Extracting git-core
> --->  Applying patches to git-core
> --->  Configuring git-core
> --->  Building git-core
> Error: org.macports.build for port git-core returned: command execution failed
> Please see the log file for port git-core for details:
>    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_git-core/git-core/main.log
> To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
>    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

That's not the main.log file we need; that shows the successful activation of the libidn port. We need the main.log file whose location was shown above. However that log file has already been overwritten by your second attempt to build git-core:

> --->  Computing dependencies for git-core
> --->  Building git-core
> Error: org.macports.build for port git-core returned: command execution failed
> To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
>    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
> Error: Processing of port git-core failed

Therefore please "sudo port clean git-core", then try again, then show us the main.log file.