pallet question

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jun 6 22:53:34 PDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 21:33, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:

> Not having found documentation for pallet (the MacPorts GUI, given that Porticus no longer works with current MacPorts), and with no built-in help file, what does the red circle with exclamation point mean?

The name of that icon file is Outdated.tiff:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/branches/gsoc09-gui/MPGUI/Outdated.tiff?rev=52460

So I assume Pallet thinks the port is installed but outdated and needs to be upgraded.

On my system I have many ports listed with that icon which "port outdated" does not show as outdated so I don't know what's going on. Feel free to file a bug report, however we don't have anyone working on Pallet at the moment, so someone would have to volunteer to figure out what's going on and fix it.