php53 or php5 ?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 8 11:45:34 PDT 2012

On Jun 8, 2012, at 13:35, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> What is your plan for the three PEAR ports that have dependencies on PHP extensions?
>>
>> $ grep php5- pear-*/Portfile
>> pear-AWSSDKforPHP/Portfile:                    port:php5-curl port:php5-openssl
>> pear-Graph/Portfile:depends_lib-append  port:php5-openssl
>> pear-Savant3/Portfile:depends_build-append port:php5-openssl
>>
>> One idea is that they could get php53 and php54 variants.
>
> Variants it is:)

pear-Savant3 has php5-openssl listed as a build dependency, and pear-AWSSDKforPHP has php5-curl and php5-openssl as build dependencies. I'm curious how that works. Does they actually call "php" at build time and use some openssl and curl functionality? If so that will need to be patched to use either php53 or php54. If depends_build was an error and it should have been depends_lib or even depends_run (i.e. if curl and/or openssl are only used by the PEAR module at runtime) then the php53 and php54 variants don't even need to (probably shouldn't) conflict with one another.