libphp5.so not generated?

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Fri Jun 8 11:49:44 PDT 2012

On Jun 8, 2012, at 11:38 AM, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2012, at 8:35 AM, Watch Dog wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:
> >> $ port contents php53-apache2handler
> >> Port php53-apache2handler contains:
> >>  /opt/local/apache2/conf/extra/mod_php53.conf
> >>  /opt/local/apache2/modules/mod_php53.so
> >
> > If you already know where to look, this is actually helpful.  However,
> > the point has already been made that it is not exactly obvious what
> > has happened and that this is the place to look.
>
> How is this helpful?
> I simply installed php53-apache2handler and reported what I found.
>
> I think it was misinterpreted as a suggestion of what the OP should have done, instead of as an indication of where the files could be found.  (Because that's often how some other posters here use it.)

I agree that the documentation could be better.

I guess I could have read the php53-apache2handler notes and found the answer.

$ port notes php53-apache2handler
php53-apache2handler has the following notes:
  If this is your first install, you need to enable php53-apache2handler in your web server.

  To enable php53-apache2handler, run:

      cd /opt/local/apache2/modules
      sudo /opt/local/apache2/bin/apxs -a -e -n php5 mod_php53.so

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)