Port upgrade outdated no longer plays nice

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 04:07:04 PDT 2012

Just checked the ticket #34599 that was related to mine and decided to do a
selfupdate and sudo port upgrade outdated and I got this:

jaspersmbp:wpscan jasper$ sudo port selfupdate
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.1.1 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.1.1 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you
should run
  port upgrade outdated
jaspersmbp:wpscan jasper$ port upgrade outdated
Error: No ports matched the given expression

Never had this before. How can this happen and how do I remedy this?