Port upgrade outdated no longer plays nice

Lawrence Velázquez larry.velazquez at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:58:52 PDT 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 7:07 a.m., Jasper Frumau wrote:

> Just checked the ticket #34599 that was related to mine and decided to do a selfupdate and sudo port upgrade outdated and I got this:
>
> jaspersmbp:wpscan jasper$ sudo port selfupdate
> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
> MacPorts base version 2.1.1 installed,
> MacPorts base version 2.1.1 downloaded.
> --->  Updating the ports tree
> --->  MacPorts base is already the latest version
>
> The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
>   port upgrade outdated
> jaspersmbp:wpscan jasper$ port upgrade outdated
> Error: No ports matched the given expression
>
> Never had this before. How can this happen and how do I remedy this?

I'm assuming you wanted to update evolution-data-server with r94167 (https://trac.macports.org/changeset/94167).

Since this changeset didn't increase evolution-data-server's version, revision, or epoch, MacPorts doesn't consider it outdated. Upgrade it directly:

    sudo port upgrade evolution-data-server

vq