port outdated

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 21 10:17:28 PDT 2012

This message from "port outdated" is supposed to indicate that you installed libxml2 @2.7.8_0 while you were running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (Darwin 10), then you upgraded to OS X 10.7 Lion (Darwin 11), at which point all ports need to be rebuilt [1]. Unless you just recently upgraded to Lion, I would have expected these port upgrades to have been done by now. If libxml2 is the only port "port outdated" shows, then that's the only one that still needs to be rebuilt. What happens if you try to "sudo port clean libxml2" and "sudo port upgrade libxml2"?

[1] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration