p5.12-class-container fails to install

Watch Dog watchdog6789 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 10:25:34 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Jeremy Lavergne
<jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:
> If the package supplies tests, they can be run by MacPorts.

This is really beside the point.  I was not referring to the test
suite that comes with a module.

Once again, *every packaging system* I have tried comes up short for
any but the most basic needs of Perl hacking.  Modules are missing,
out of date, or just plain broken (i.e., do not build/test/install
cleanly); especially so for complex systems of modules (e.g., Moose) .
 I chose the perlbrew/cpanminus route as a lower resistance path to
getting my work done.  (Note that I am not saying that all CPAN
modules build/test/install cleanly under OS X.)  YMMV.

WD