expat 2.1.0 fails - compiler test is trying to make a Universal binary?

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Wed Jun 27 18:23:05 PDT 2012

On Jun 27, 2012, at 5:44 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2012, at 10:33, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Greg Earle wrote:
>>> Looks to me from the 'configure' logs (see below) that it's trying to build
>>> it as a Universal binary, when there is no PPC support on my system.
>>
>> It's trying to build universal because there's no 64-bit Wine, so it needs i386 support.  (Wine is very much x86 only, so it assumes universal_archs lists only the x86 architectures.)  Unfortunately, as you say you migrated from a PPC, your /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf has universal_archs set to consider universal to mean ppc and i386, or similar.
>>
>> You need to change that to:
>>
>>    universal_archs      i386 x86_64
>>
>> While you're at it, you may want to check against the sample config (macports.conf.default should be right next to macports.conf) and upgrade any other settings that need to be changed.
>
> And you may have other migration-related things to update as well. We detail them all at:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

Thanks Brandon & Ryan for your help.

I zapped all the old .conf files in /opt/local/etc/macports and updated
everything to the new defaults and now I seem to be in the clear.

Got wine-devel (including expat) & winetricks installed and all is good now
(well, except for the mouse suddenly stopping working in the Windows app
I need to use under Wine ... but that's not MacPorts' fault (-: ).

The only 'issue' I seem to have left is "sudo port list installed" giving
me doubled/repeat output for a bunch of ports; e.g.

--
[18:14] macossex:/tmp % sudo port list installed | sort | diff -rC 1 MacPorts_installed_ports.post-update.sorted+uniqed -
*** MacPorts_installed_ports.post-update.sorted+uniqed  Wed Jun 27 05:18:09 2012
--- -   Wed Jun 27 18:16:19 2012
***************
*** 1,6 ****
--- 1,14 ----
  Xft2                           @2.3.0          x11/Xft2
+ Xft2                           @2.3.0          x11/Xft2
+ Xft2                           @2.3.0          x11/Xft2
+ apr                            @1.4.6          devel/apr
  apr                            @1.4.6          devel/apr
  apr-util                       @1.4.1          devel/apr-util
+ apr-util                       @1.4.1          devel/apr-util
+ atk                            @2.2.0          devel/atk
+ atk                            @2.2.0          devel/atk
  atk                            @2.2.0          devel/atk
  audiofile                      @0.3.4          audio/audiofile
+ audiofile                      @0.3.4          audio/audiofile
+ autoconf                       @2.69           devel/autoconf
  autoconf                       @2.69           devel/autoconf
[...]
--

Not quite sure why that is, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anything.

	- Greg