Forced to use +universal

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Mar 2 02:32:11 PST 2012

On 03/02/2012 07:19 AM, Anthony Bak wrote:
> I set -universal in my variants.conf file but when I install
> py27-wxpython it reinstalls many already installed packages in
> +universal variants.  Is there a way to get packages to respect my
> variants.conf file?

wxwidgets only supports 32-bit architectures i386 and ppc per as stated
in the option supported_archs in the Portfile. Thus, in order to build
this ports, all dependencies must be available in their 32-bit version.

I guess you have them all installed as 64-bit at the moment and thus,
port wants to add the 32-bit version by installing the +universal variant.

The only other option would be not to install wxwidgets at all (or make
it work with 64-bit).

Rainer