update

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri Mar 2 22:58:36 PST 2012

On 03/03/2012, at 12:30 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 23:16, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
> :info:configure Can't locate File/Path.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/local/share/autoconf /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/darwin-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3 /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.3/darwin-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.3 /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.12.3/darwin-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.12.3 /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /opt/local/share/autoconf/Autom4te/General.pm line 40.
>
> Perl is deranged; I've seen this happen after upgrading past the change to the perl5 port to install the actual Perl as a sub-port, since it's likely to switch you to perl 5.12 while your installed Perl modules are still for whatever version you had been using.  Force upgrading all the installed p5-* ports should fix it (but may do more than is actually needed, especially since --force tends to forcibly reinstall all the dependencies whether they need it or not).
>
>     $ sudo port upgrade --force p5-\*
>
> But wait for someone who knows more to answer before committing to that; there is probably something less drastic that has been worked out.

Hi
thanks for this.
Your command did not work for me, trying to update something not installed.
I listed 'installed' and ran your command on those (python) that were installed whereupon ghostscript DID build and all proceeded until ImageMagick failed to build.
I then renamed /opt/local and reinstalled macports.
EVERYTHING now works except gnome-terminal will not build.

Surely a macports selfupdate is not supposed to wreak such utter havoc ?

Short of getting gnome-terminal from fink is there any solution? (I know thats a 'what colour is best' question but it is a clean macports install; port install gnome-terminal)

James