update

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Mar 3 05:07:45 PST 2012

On 03/03/2012, at 7:57 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2012, at 1:58 a.m., James Linder wrote:
>
>> EVERYTHING now works except gnome-terminal will not build.
>
> Can you provide the gnome-terminal log?

sh-3.2# port install gnome-terminal
--->  Computing dependencies for gnome-terminal
--->  Dependencies to be installed: gconf dbus-glib dbus orbit2 libidl policykit eggdbus libgnome audiofile esound gnome-vfs desktop-file-utils gnome-mime-data libbonobo vte py27-gtk libglade2 py27-cairo py27-numpy py27-nose nosetests_select py27-distribute py27-py py27-gobject
--->  Activating dbus @1.4.16_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port dbus. Use 'port -f activate dbus' to force the activation.
Error: Failed to install dbus
Log for dbus is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_dbus/dbus/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: gconf dbus-glib dbus orbit2 libidl policykit eggdbus libgnome audiofile esound gnome-vfs desktop-file-utils gnome-mime-data libbonobo vte py27-gtk libglade2 py27-cairo py27-numpy py27-nose nosetests_select py27-distribute py27-py py27-gobject
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

I recently re-installed OS. (because of a long saga with macports)
port selfupdate ran fine
port update outdated stopped on ghostscript (wise words from Brandon) then stopped at ImageMagic
I then moved /opt/local away and reinstalled macports

ghostscript, ImageMagick, transcode, ffmpeg, coreutils, findutils all built perfectly
gnome-terminal does not

Thanks
James