Wordnet

Daniel Ericsson deric at macports.org
Sat Mar 3 10:58:06 PST 2012

On 3 mar 2012, at 19:14, Sam Kuper wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Has anyone ever proposed that Wordnet (i.e. the Princeton Wordnet) should be available via Macports? If so, please could you point me to the discussion?
>
> If not, please consider this such a proposal :)  I'd love to be able to "sudo port install wordnet".

$ port search wordnet

py-wordnet @1.4 (python)
    Python interface to the (included) WordNet database

wordnet @3.0 (textproc)
    Lexical database for the English language

Found 2 ports.

wordnet hasn't been updated since 2009 but built and installed cleanly for me. 'wn' the command-line tool and 'wnb' the Wordnet GUI browser both ran fine.

So you should be able to just, "sudo port install wordnet" and have it work.

-- Daniel