Update to 2.0.4 fails

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Wed Mar 7 00:52:40 PST 2012

I just tried to update my MacPorts installation under MacOS X 10.6:

~> port selfupdate
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.0.3 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.0.4 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.0.4
Installing new MacPorts release in /opt/local as root:admin; permissions 0755; Tcl-Package in /Library/Tcl

Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error installing new MacPorts base: shell command failed (see log for details)

The problem: I can't find any log for details. I used find to check
all files that were modified during the last hour, but only one of
them looks like a log file
(/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/base/config.log)
and it contains nothing that looks like a real error.

Any ideas for exploring this?

Thanks in advance,
  Konrad.