Strange issue with Tiger, MacPorts 1.9, and bind/apache/mysql

Alex Kac alex at webis.net
Fri Mar 9 09:55:42 PST 2012

We have had a very well working server running Tiger Server (yeah, yeah,
I know) with MacPorts 1.9 for a very long time. We've been meaning to
upgrade the server, but it all works well so we've left it alone.

The problem is that 2 days ago somehow, some libs were modified:
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root  admin  1583712 Mar  6 15:42 libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib*
-rw-r--r--   1 root  admin  2423980 Mar  6 15:42 libcrypto.a
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root  admin       21 Mar  6 15:43 libcrypto.dylib@ ->
libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib

I don't know how because I've checked the logs and I have no logins to
the server in this time. Anyhow the big problem is that both MySQL and
BIND are now crashing because they were compiled against an earlier version:
Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
   Referenced from: /opt/local/sbin/named
   Reason: image not found

Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib
   Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysqldump
   Reason: image not found

I haven't touched anything with MacPorts in ages....so I don't want to
go fiddling here without some help and direction. It seems that all I
really want to do then is to rebuild the binaries with the new libs. How
can I do that? I don't want anything affecting my config files or data.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc.