Strange issue with Tiger, MacPorts 1.9, and bind/apache/mysql

Alex Kac alex at webis.net
Fri Mar 9 10:28:31 PST 2012

We backup the whole opt directory nightly mostly for content. Not for
binaries. I don't normally care about binaries because they can be
rebuilt. In this case I don't really know all of what changed enough to
restore just what needs to be restored and not touch anything else. Plus
I'm concerned about the fact that it changed on its own.

As for unsecure software, in general I like keeping things up to date
100% of the time. OS X Server though doesn't make that easy and up until
recently the location of the server made a full server overhaul difficult.

--
Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc.