Building root fails

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 12:00:03 PST 2012

Hi,

There is a known problem building root with the opengl variant enabled, on OSX 10.6 with Xcode 3, when the user also has glew installed.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/32525

It appears that despite the fact root has been told to use its own built in glew, it still uses the macports one and this causes problems.

The fix is to build without opengl support, or remove glew and then build.

As far as I am aware the problem only affects OSX 10.6 and Xcode 3. Everything is OK with 10.7 and Xcode 4.2. As I only have an OSX 10.7 I cannot reproduce it, so unless someone else who does steps in and investigates, its going to remain unfixed…

Chris