Strange issue with Tiger, MacPorts 1.9, and bind/apache/mysql

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 9 16:37:46 PST 2012

On Mar 9, 2012, at 12:29, Alex Kac wrote:

> OK I figured out how to fix it for now. I just activated the one version of libcrypto before it in ports. That made it all work. Thanks.

For a more comprehensive answer, see:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort

As to why this happened, the only way it could have happened is if someone ran "sudo port sync" or "sudo port selfupdate" (to get the updated openssl port definition) and then "sudo port upgrade" or "sudo port install" on openssl or on some port that has a dependency on openssl.

If you have not been in the habit of upgrading ports, then an easy way to see what else might have been affected at the same time would be to run "find" across /opt/local to identify any files that were modified recently.

Note that we never support old versions of MacPorts. The current version of MacPorts, which still works on Tiger, is 2.0.4. But if this is a live server I understand your desire not to touch a running system.