subversion-perlbindings update failure

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 22:27:51 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 08:59, Paulo Moura <pmoura at di.ubi.pt> wrote:

> I'm running MacOS X 10.7.3 + Xcode 4.3. I applied the changes advised when
> upgrading to Xcode 4.3. In particular, xcode-select gives:
>
> I upgraded other software successfully, including subversion 1.7.4. But
> trying to upgrade  subversion-perlbindings fails with the following
> information on the log file:
>
> :info:build /Developer/usr/bin/clang -c  -I/opt/local/include/apr-1
> -I/opt/local/include/apr-1 -I/opt/local/include  -

Did you rebuild Perl?

A number of packages (Apache/apxs, Perl, Python, PHP/pear, etc.) bake the
exact compiler and parameters used to build the base package into the
mechanisms they use to build external modules; you need to rebuild them in
order to get the updated compiler information into their module build
systems.