intltool won't install because of the old XML::Parser not found issue

Jeff Singleton gvibe06 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 23:21:45 PDT 2012

Same thing it does when I run --- perl5.14 -e "require XML::Parser"

Can't locate XML/Parser4.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.1/darwin-multi-2level
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.1
/opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.14.1/darwin-multi-2level
/opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.14.1
/opt/local/lib/perl5/5.14.1/darwin-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.14.1
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at -e
line 1.

Which is completely different, when I run it as root:

Can't load
'/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.1/darwin-multi-2level/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.bundle'
for module XML::Parser::Expat:
dlopen(/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.1/darwin-multi-2level/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.bundle,
1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.1/darwin-multi-2level/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.bundle:
mach-o, but wrong architecture at
/opt/local/lib/perl5/5.14.1/darwin-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm line 194.
 at /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.1/darwin-multi-2level/XML/Parser.pm
line 18
Compilation failed in require at
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.1/darwin-multi-2level/XML/Parser.pm
line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.1/darwin-multi-2level/XML/Parser.pm
line 22.
Compilation failed in require at -e line 1.

Now this is leading me to think is Architecture related … but everything is
isolated and should be Arch independent.