intltool won't install because of the old XML::Parser not found issue

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 15 23:30:48 PDT 2012

On Mar 16, 2012, at 01:23, Jeff Singleton wrote:

> Yep that bug is way closer to correctness … now I think we are on to something.

I've set up a separate MacPorts prefix, in which I'll try to build all p5.12 ports with a non-standard build_arch. That should help me determine whether arch ignorance is specific to individual port, or something we need to correct in the perl5 portgroup. It may take awhile to build. :)

> I just tried that 0.50.2 version and it does the same thing…so I wouldn't rush pushing that one into the tree just yet.

I already committed it, since based on the above I don't think the intltool port itself has anything to do with the failure.