Ruby problem

Phillip Koebbe phillip.koebbe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 06:09:12 PDT 2012

On Mar 16, 2012, at 6:09 AM, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> At this point, having spent far too long on this, I'm just about to cut
> my losses & uninstall the Ruby in /opt/local & just get on with things.

I sent in my experiment just to provide another sample of RVM and MacPorts, but I don't have a ruby installed via MacPorts, so I'd be willing to entertain the idea that your ruby in /opt/local is at least partially responsible for the odd behavior. If that be true, and you don't have a need that RVM can't meet, it certainly seems like removing the ruby in /opt/local would be the easiest path to rid yourself of the problem.

Phillip