Lock on Registry

Sarma Tangirala tvssarma.omega9 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 14:38:26 PDT 2012

Hi there,

I was using macports with upgrade and realize it had started to install all
of the available ports. I stopped the process and I was wondering what is
the best way to uninstall these unwanted ports. Also, I stopped the upgrade
when it was building a package and I suppose a lock was used on the
registry. When I try to uninstall a specific package, it stays on "Waiting
for lock on /opt/local/var/macports/registry/.registry.lock
" for quite a while. Any suggestions on what I should do now?

--
Sarma Tangirala,
Class of 2012,